miércoles, 8 de octubre de 2014

Youthpass, digital competence


Hello shells! How you doin? Today, we start with the interesting thing! 

Today's competence is my favourite competence EVER: digital competence. YEY! If you read the Youthpass website, it says that you have to talk about how you use the communication technologies related to your background and your knowledge. So I will love it. Not just because most of us spend most of our time using computers but because my project is about media. This is going to be amazing!

What information sources did I use to prepare myself for the EVS project?
My best one was my friend Gallo, who send me the application for this project and who did her EVS in Sweden. I used Google too (is Google a source or is the way to get the source? Anyway, you know what I mean). Also, I found a lot of information about EVS in my sending organisation website, Mundus.

*This is my friend Ga, just in case you don't know how she is. I tried to find a proper picture about us but it was surprisingly difficult. So, I just pick two of them and if you put them together it looks like one good. So cute my Ga...

To what extent did I communicate with the sending and the host organisation using the internet before the EVS project?
Everytime I talked with them (both of them) was through the Internet. Because the phone is oldfashion and I don't know how to use Skype properly. Althought, I talked with my sending organisation using Skype twice or three times, I think. So lovely.

Did I use communication technologies and communication during the EVS project? How and what did I learn?

Yes. It was the most important part of my project. I tried to help as much as possible preparing a TV Shown from time to time and with everything related to media in general. And I've learned A LOT, most of it in practice. Because you know how University works, you finished with a lot of books but any practice. This project was really really helpful, with how to use cameras and editing video and photograps. Also, I learned a lot writing this amazing blog (although I would have learned much more in Wordpress but I like easy things, don't blame me!)

To what extent did I communicate with my family, friends or other volunteers durin the time I spent in the host country?
Most of my communication has been through Internet (it's free!) with my family and friends. But with other volunteers that I met in our training in Nottingham as well (and I hope to see all of them in out next training next week). But Internet was the key in my communication, at least until today
What did I learn about computer use in other countries here?
Is not the same? I don't know. The English keyboard is rubbish because you can't put accents with it and I look like an idiot writing in Spanish. 

How did I deal critically with knowledge available on the Internet?
Really? I studied Audiovisual Communication. If they teach you something in that deggre is:
1) Wikipedia is not everything.
2) Copy is bad. (And illegal, sometimes).
3)Not everything that media says is true. You have to contrast it.
4)Not everything in Twitter is true. You have to check it.
This question offends me.

How did I learn to use online resources for my EVS project?
I learned them studing. A lot. But believe me, nobody studies because they want to do an EVS (I'm not complaining about anything, it's just that I wouldn'y be here if I would have a job).

So, digital competences. They were the most important part in my project here, in Preston. Also, I studied most of the communication technologies in University, so I have improved my knowledge here. And I feel very proud of it! Will it be useful in the future? Who knows, probably not as much as my vague English. But it's always cool to learn something new!

So, do you know which competence will be the next? Learning to learn! Yeah! It sounds HORRIBLE! Don't let me alone, see you in the next one!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario