martes, 14 de octubre de 2014

Youthpass, cultural awareness and expression


Hey shells! How you doin'?

This is (for real) the last post about Youthpass (if we don't count the one about the next training in Nottingham. And I don't count it because it will have things about everything, not only Youthpass so... Last one!)

Last one, and my days are going to an end. I have a looooot of plans for the last two weeks and a half. But my first one is to finish the posts about the Youthpass and the write the real one.

Today compenteces are cultural awareness and expression. How I found the host country, if I had any cultural problems, how I expressed myself during the project, if I used verbal comunication or not, if I used creativity like drawings or other forms. Let's go to the questions!

How willing was I to get involved in new forms of cultural experience?
I tried to get involved as much as I could but it was difficult because of the timetables. I used to have my lunch or dinner too late for this country or I went out with my friends and everything is closed at 3. It was really difficult.

When was I able to use different media and forms of expression (e.g. verbal, drwaing, body...) to express myself in different situations?
I'm lucky because my project was about media. Although, I didn't express myself, studients from CWP did. The use the media to say whatever they wanted to say. I just tried to comunicate myself with words, talking or writing this blog.

Which skills did I improve?
I improved my technic skills related to video or graphic design (or layout, I don't really know where I fit in this world). Also, I improved my writing in English and I'm more open-minded (I know it's not a skill but it's useful anyway).

Which differences and similarities did I identify between the host country's culture and my home culture?
This question reminds me my first writing for my English classes here. It was more than eight months ago! But my summary about the differences is this: workers here are kind but not in Spain, it's difficult to make friends in Preston if you are not studient. Here, they live to work but not in Spain. We work to live. We go out late and if we have to get up early next day it doesn't matter. We cook but here it's more about take aways. Something similar? Download from the Internet.

Did I experience situations where I could not understand/deal with the host country's culture? How did I resolve this situation?
I really REALLY HATE that evertything is closed at 6. Really. I can't understand. I tried to do everything I need before that time but it makes your day eternal. You feel like you have been awake for ages! At 7pm, you feel like it's 10pm and you want to go to bed but you don't because it's a shame! Other days, you don't know if some restaurant would be open at 3 because it's too late to have lunch in this country. But everything is open on Sundays. Not everything is so bad, I guess.

Did I increase my ability to cope with new situations?
Definitely. I did papework, I stayed at home becuase I had to wait for the postman, the plumber or the electrician. I went to the bank to deposit a check (A CHECK!). I made videos without understand at 100% what they were saying. I traveled alone. Definitely, I did increase my ability to cope with new situations.

Which major changes have I become aware of?
Everything I said before and more. Like I don't really mind what is in my plate when I eat (only if it's red onion. I hate red onion). I realize I like to walk alone on the streets. Also, I don't mind if I go out and there are people that I don't know or if I have to wait alone in a pub (although it doesn't happend a lot because I'm always late). I changes in a lot of different things.

What does it mean for my life in future?
Simply, I'm more independent now. Although, I won't say no to my mom's meals because I hate cooking. See? Another thing I learned during my project. Before, I was only lazy. Now I hate it.

Ey, it's not that bad for the last one, is it? And my conclusion is that I'm more self-sufficient. Look at me! I'm a grown girl now! (sometimes).

Next post would be lighter! I will tell you what I'm doing now in CWP and my weekend in Blackpool and what I expect for the next week (with the training and my journey to London).

We will read each other in Preston (con amor).

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario