jueves, 20 de marzo de 2014

Siempre nos quedará Nottingham (I)

¡Hola caracolas! Aquí estamos después de mi primer training, sanos y salvos. Más salvos que otra cosa.

This week, I have been to Nottingham doing my first training. I had no idea how a training worked so I was almost sure that it would be boring. But I was wrong! Amazing training. Not only for the hotel and the free food but for the people and the USEFUL information they gave us.

I'm writing this post in the train (in my way back home) and, right now, I'm remembering about my pre-departure training in Santa Coloma with my sending organitation (MUNDUS). They showed us "the volunteer's mood curve" (the name is mine, it's not something oficial). They explained us that at the beginning of the EVS, you are exciting and in a good mood, and then you start to fall until you are all depressed, and sad, and you want to go home, and you cry all night... Then, you go to the training where I have been this week and you start to stand up, because you go back home with new ideas, and looking forward to doing something useful for you and for the community. AND IT'S TRUE. I thought that I wouldn't fit in the "statistics".

Right now, all of this is new for me. I have a lot of information, ideas, energy and the perfect age to do something big and I'm very lucky for having this opportunity.






Anyway, after this romantic thought , I'm going to talk about what we have done on the workshops.

*I'm writing this in English because is the serious post, the party post will be in Spanish.

I'm not going to tell you about the boring stuff like the games for introductions. I'm going to talk about the information, the useful part.

They have told us about the British behaviour, traditions, food, geography, politics, history... You know what I mean. I really liked that part because I don't know anything about British culture and I have problems with the geography and the politics. I have to say that the food's part didn't work with us, NO GOOD FOOD, definitely.

The other part of the training was about the voluntary service and what can we do after it. Our rights as a volunteers and how everything is changing in the programme. What will be the future of the EVS and what programmes exists after EVS for us. There is life after EVS? I hope I can explain this more in a future post because I'm sure it will be useful for some of you!

I have a feeling, this post is too boring and maybe the worst English ever. I'm sorry for this and I promise the next one is much better!

Remember, next post: Spanish and Party hard. See you there, darlings!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario