domingo, 27 de abril de 2014

You and me

Hey darling! How are you doing? :) I'm bakc with a post in English!

I was talking with Liv and Letizia the other day about how hard is to be you in a different country, with people who speak different languages. It made me think. And maybe it's true.

I have my way of speak in Spanish (with some expressions that I use a lot) that I don't know how to say in English (yet). On the other hand, I'm lucky because I can be "more myself" in other countries. I'm lucky to be more expressive with my face and my gestures than with my words. And I'm lucky because I was reading Menéame and I found an article about this theme.

It says that people who speak different languages, have a different personality for each one. It talks about some studies where linguists and sociolinguists found out that people answer different things for the same question when they use one language or another. It's quite interesting and it makes me feel like I'm not alone in this theory. It's really really difficult to be the same person when you can't explain yourself like you would do using your mother tongue.

Anyway, I leave you the article here. It's in Spanish but you can translate it with Google if you are interested in knowing what it says.

I know, this post is short. I know, I'm sorry, i should write more in English. Don't worry, I will come back with more things, I promise.

See you here, next time. In Preston (con amor)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario